1. Parents should fill up the “Record for Non-Attendance” for each day the student is absent from school, stating the reasons for his/her absence.
2. Students, who require medical attention during school hours, may be sent by the teacher to the medical room with a slip/note in the diary.
3. No one who has been absent on the previous day will be admitted to the class without a letter from the parent, addressed to the class teacher, stating the reason for the absence.
4. Leave can be granted on special grounds.
5. All students returning to school after suffering from an infections or contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him to do so. This will be signed by the school doctor, on the basis of which the student will be admitted to the class.
6. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class:
Chicken Pox – all lesions are crusted
Measles – For 4 days after rash disappears
Mumps – For 9 days after onset of swelling
Whooping Cough – For 7 days after effective antibiotic therapy.
Jaundice – Till full recovery duly certified by treating physicians.
7. Repeated absence without reason or unexplained absence for more than five consecutive days renders the students liable to have his/her name struck of the rolls. Readmission may be granted only on payment of fresh admission fees a white Card will be issued to students who remain absent from school for 3 or more successive days, without prior intimation, or leave of absence granted to them.
8. Absence for more than three days immediately after a vacation renders the students liable to pay a fine of Rs. 10/- per day. After 6 days the name will be struck off the rolls.
9. It is compulsory for students of classes VI-XII to maintain 80% attendance during the course of the Academic Session, to enable them to appear for the final examination.
10. The percentage, however, could be relaxed up to 5% on medical grounds, but such students will not be eligible to sign the Roll of Honour or receive any prizes.
11. A special certificate will be given to students with 100% attendance.
12. Students who do not take their first semester and mid-semester examinations will not be eligible for the scholar badges/blazers of any other awards, unless the absence is on medical grounds. Students absenting themselves from the Weekly Test will be given a Zero, and will also have to pay a fine of Rs. 25/- for each missed test.